Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Maybe Everything Happens for a Reason

I just spent about 20 minutes writing an update on the CPSIA battle. Just as I was about to post, I lost the entire entry! So frustrating. But I feel like maybe I need to slow down, relax, take a deep breath. And maybe you didn't want to hear my ramblings any how.

So here is the cliffnote version (do they still make cliffnotes?).

1. Don't believe everything you read. There are so many posts floating around the web about how people are exempt from the law if they work out of their home, work while no one sees them, only make left shoes or run in 5 circles counter clockwise before they start sewing. The law is the law. If you make something and sell it for a child, it needs to be tested. If you don't believe me, see the 800 number from yesterday's post and give them a call.

2. There may be a little hope in regards to testing between now and August. Not a huge break through, but a little glimmer of hope. You can use "reasonable testing" between now and August 2009. That doesn't mean a hardware store lead testing kit. That means a lab (does not have to be certified by the government) that uses testing applications such as the XRF gun. Much cheaper. But keep in mind you still have to go through the regular (insert expensive) testing in August. So it just buys you a little time. Here is a great article by Kathleen of Fashion Incubator.

3. Hmmm, I forget what my third point was. See, everything happens for a reason. I guess it wasn't that important.

Now, just a little something fun to take our mind off the craziness that has consumed us. My gorgeous friend Natalie just did a photoshoot with her singing group "Swing City Dolls". And she was nice enough to wear one of my Molly O aprons (only intended for moms therefore exempt from testing). See I told you there was something to smile about.


Anyway, I don't have the original photo yet, but here is a link to the photographer's website that did the shoot. Can you believe she is the mother of 3 little ones?! Seriously, I think I should go and do about 1200 situps. Or maybe I'll just go and eat the apple crisp I just made. Decisions, decisions.

Click Here: Molly O Apron

No comments: