Monday, March 28, 2011

You should write a book!

"You should write a book!" is the comment I get most often from my friends on Facebook. Not because of my literary genius or the naturally inspiring way my words seem to ebb and flow across the page.  Nope. Not even close.

The comment "you should write a book" comes from the antics of my littlest munchkin. She is my youngest and the most independent, fearless, boundary pushing, willful and determined child that has entered our family.  I say God saved her last for a reason. I think it is either to drive me slowly insane or so she can be the President of the United States.

Look how funny I am mom! What can I do to taunt you today?


I bet you $5 I can put something in my mouth or nose that will REALLY scare you!



Who Me?! I didn't do anything, I SWEAR! Look how cute I am, seriously!


I have a great new story to share. One that couldn't possibly be typed in a limited format such as facebook or twitter.  Oh no, this story needed the attention of a word processing program that is equipped with spell check and unlimited characters.


First, I feel like I need to give you a little back story. 


Let me show you our lovely little playroom that resides in the Molly O Designs studio.  There are toys, furniture, books, puzzles and this enchanting little house shaped tv cabinet.  Cute isn't it? Little cubbies and storage areas.  I could see kids putting their toys and stuffed animals inside.




Sounds lovely doesn't it? Yes, oh yes it does sound lovely.


MOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!! (insert hysterical screaming)

You see a few weeks ago, I took my little munchkin to work with me. She was happily playing in our little playroom when she got the amazing idea in her little head to try and fit in that cubby.  What I saw when I came around the corner was one leg, one arm and a head sticking out of that circle. That's right. Go ahead and try to get a picture in your mind.  5 year old. One arm. One leg. Head. 








Now I'm going to admit something here. My very first instinct was to run back out and grab my camera. It was only a split second, but I will make every mother in America feel better just knowing it passed through my mind. Bad mom. My next thought was, NOW what?! My third thought was, "OH SH&T, I'm going to have to call the fire department!"  Luckily, I was able to gently pull her out one limb at a time.   I'm sure the screams were heard by all the other companies in the building. I'm no longer on the invitation list for the building Christmas party. I also felt like I should call my OB/GYN and say thank you for my smooth deliveries. 


Please note, only a small bear SHOULD be able to fit in this area.


She was safe  and I'm sure this won't be the last time I will be telling one of these stories.  I'm just thankful she was alright and I didn't have to try and explain to the fire department why I was taking pictures of my child being removed from a tv cabinet. 

She is lucky she is so cute and sweet.  Those brown eyes will make you forget about almost anything.  And thanks to Facebook, everything will be well documented to share with her children someday.

No comments: