Monday, May 12, 2008

It's the little things!

Like many working mothers, I'm often in a rush to get something done. I take multi-tasking to a whole new level. What I fail to remember is that when you rush, you typically make mistakes. Which means, spending even more time fixing the new problem.

When I have a new design that needs to get photographed, all I'm thinking of is how can I squeeze in a photoshoot inbetween school pickups, homework, doing the dishes, sending out orders and answering emails? Oh, and when is the lighting just right for me to shoot outdoors? Well, as you will see my photos were not the best. I'm not saying they were bad, but I didn't take the time to pay attention to the little things.


BEFORE



Hmmmmm, not feeling just right. The dress is so much cuter in person (I swear!). So, let's see...........add a small pettiskirt so customers can see the fullness. Make a cute sailor hat to match and drive over to the local lake. There, that's a little better. And VOILA!



AFTER





So take the time to look at the little things. They do make a difference and will save you time in the end!

To see more of this adorable Sailor dress, which would also be perfect for the 4th of July, take a look at our auction. CLICK HERE

1 comment:

Heather said...

It is the little things, Molly. You have such a great eye for detail and another fabulous dress! Love it!