Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I'm feeling a little Sentimental..........

As most of you know, I'm a member of an amazing design group called Bijou & Co. This week we are celebrating our one year anniversary!!! Our launch, Sentiments, started today with a rather impressive guest list. Each of us invited an outside designer that inspired us. Which really means, a designer that we tend to stalk because we love what they do! LOL. O-kay, not as creepy as it sounds. But we all have our favorite designers!

So, our challenge was to design something that made us Sentimental. My first dress was based on this sweet polka dot dress I had as a little girl. I loved this dress! I felt like a million bucks when I wore it. It was just a white knit fabric with polka dots. If I remember correctly, my mom bought it for me for a wedding we were going to. As a little girl, new dresses were few and far between. Hand-me-downs were the norm. But this dress came from a little boutique in our small town. I will never forget buying that dress.

So I came up with a design that will hopefully make some little girl feel just as special. The auction started today, but make sure to check back throughout the week as I list the matching little sister set, hair accessories and my first set that arrived from the manufacturer!! Let me tell you, it is pure heaven to open a box FULL of dresses that I did not spend hours making. LOL. They are gorgeous. Every stitch is perfect. And they are ready to ship! :) Stay tuned for photos...............


Click HERE to view my current ebay listing:






No comments: