Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Pay It Forward!

I've been so blessed lately to have some wonderful people cross my path. Each has openly and freely given me advice on the workings of the design industry. They have been generous and so sweet!

First, I want to acknowledge Jan Rousseaux of House of Rousseaux! She is truly becoming a mentor to me. We were introduced by a mutual friend and are working on a wonderful charity together http://www.hopeforhearts.net/

She has so much knowledge and experience. She too started her design career as a stay at home mom. She began sewing out of her home and in the years since has dressed the runways of New York, designed couture and ready to wear. Her latest venture is a line of gorgeous and chic Christmas stockings. I will post photos as soon as we have them (we are doing a photoshoot together tomorrow!). You will be blown away by how gorgeous and luxurious they are! Needless to say she is truly an inspiration to me both in career and faith.

Secondly, I also want to say a special thanks to Kimberly Mac. Another couture designer whom I met through Jan :) Small world! She is in the process of moving and gifted to me the most amazing fabric chest. I can't even describe this piece other then to say it is enormous! I can't tell you how excited I am to have ALL my fabric in one place. This custom chest stands 6ft. tall and 64 inches wide. That's right, for those of you that design/sew you know that I can store entire bolts of fabric in these drawers! We adopted this piece on Sat. and all 8 drawers are already full! Kimberly also shared gorgeous fabrics with me that she had collected from around the world. I can not wait to start designing with them! Kimberly has done extensive couture work but most recently launched a new menswear line with http://www.muifina.com/

So the moral of this post is theconcept of helping each other. As I always say, there is more then enough business to go around. So share your knowledge and talents. You never know when the favor will be payed forward to you.

No comments: